Deakin Law Student Society Geelong is currently looking for some First Year Representatives to join our ranks.
- Representing the interest and ideas of First year law students
- Promoting events and activities to First Year Law Students
- Working with other first year representatives and members of the DLSS
What you get out of it:
- Join a team of enthusiastic law students
- Make new friends
- An impressive addition to your CV (Volunteering for a society)
- New skills
- You get to give back to your fellow law students
Include the following details (in up to 300 words) and email your application firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday March 19
- Your name?
- What are you studying at Deakin?
- Why do you want to be involved with DLSS Geelong in your first year?
- What do you want to get out of the experience?
Good luck and thank you for applying!
Interested in being apart of the DLSS Geelong? Application for Casual Vacancies in the 2018 DLSS Committee may open during the year. So, watch this space!
Being part of the DLSS is an opportunity to get involved in one of the biggest societies at Deakin Geelong. Not only that, it can boost your resume, help you meet new people, and teach you plenty of new skills!
Check out our Law students’ Pocket Guide to see what each portfolio gets up to. Alternatively, take a look at the blog posts we did before our AGM reviewing each portfolio’s work last year. Formal position descriptions can also be found in our By-Laws.
There are a few requirements though – if elected, committee members are expected to attend the majority of meetings (usually held fortnightly throughout terms in Geelong), attend DLSS Geelong events, and engage with our social media channels!
What’s the difference between being a VP or an Officer, you ask? Well, in short, the VP is the head of each portfolio and is responsible for managing incoming requests and delegating the workload between themselves and their officers. Both positions require a commitment to completing work to deadlines, sometimes during busy periods of the term, so time management skills and a genuine interest in working with the DLSS Geelong is a must!