It is that time of the year again, where law students come together to elect new committee members for 2020, and are updated on 2019’s progress and achievements!
On this page, you will find everything that a law student needs to know for this year’s Annual General Meeting, including all the details and how to apply!
- President (1 position)
- Secretary (1 position)
- Treasurer (1 position)
- Vice President of Careers (1 position)
- Vice President of Competitions (1 position)
- Vice President of Education, Social Justice & Wellbeing (1 position)
- Vice President of Equity & Opportunities (1 position)
- Vice President of Functions (1 position)
- Vice President of Marketing & Publications (1 position)
- Vice President of Off Campus Affairs (1 position)
- Careers Officers (2 positions)
- Competitions Officers (2 positions)
- Education, Social Justice & Wellbeing Officers (2 positions)
- Equity & Opportunities Officers (2 positions)
- Functions Officers (2 positions)
- Publications & Marketing Officers (3 positions)
- Grievance Officer (1 position)
Wednesday 18th September 2019 | 7pm
Geelong Waterfront Campus, Room D2.194 (next to Percy Baxter)
Also – food and beverages are provided!
Presidential Report – To be released
Treasury Report – Delivered at Annual General Meeting
Secretary Report – Delivered at Annual General Meeting
Vice President Reports:
- Marketing and Publications Report
- Functions Report
- Competitions Report
- Education, Social Justice and Wellbeing Report
- Equity and Opportunities Report
- Careers Report
- Off Campus Report
- Greivance Report
Click here: AGM Election Guide
Click here: AGM Nomination Form
Click here: Sample Election Ballot 2019
All Applicants will be required to attend the Annual General Meeting and will be required to deliver a short speech. There is no proxy voting.
If you are running for more than one position, you may submit separate candidate statements or you may only submit one. It is not compulsory to have a candidate statement. Please send your candidate statement(s) along with the nomination form.
Please forward all completed nomination forms and candidate statement(s) to Reid Hadaway at email@example.com by Sunday September 15th 2019 at 11.59PM.
Chairperson and Returning Officer: President Reid Hadaway
Voting at the AGM:
‘Members’ of the Deakin Law Students’ Society Geelong who hold voting rights are defined in the Constitution as being paid-up members of the Society who hold a membership a minimum of 10 days in advance of the AGM. In other terms, if you wish to vote on the positions vacant at the AGM you need to either already hold a current 2019 membership with DLSS Geelong or purchase one prior to Sunday September 8th. You may run for a position without being a member of the Society, but you would not be able to vote for yourself for that position or vote on any other positions.
Please note that any membership purchased through DUSA is valid for 12 months from the date of purchase. So, if you purchase a membership now, you will be a full DLSS Geelong member until August 2020. Please use the hyperlink above to purchase a membership through the DUSA website.
Constitution & By Laws:
Click here: Rules of Association – As registered February 2014
Click here: Schedule 1 By Laws (Updated March 2016)
If you have any queries, please direct them to President Reid Hadaway at firstname.lastname@example.org.