It is that time of the year again, where law students come together to elect new committee members for 2019, and are updated on 2018’s progress and achievements!
On this page, you will find everything that a law student needs to know for this year’s Annual General Meeting – all the details and how to apply!
- President (1 position)
- Secretary (1 position)
- Treasurer (1 position)
- Vice President of Careers (1 position)
- Vice President of Competitions (1 position)
- Vice President of Education, Social Justice & Wellbeing (1 position)
- Vice President of Equity & Opportunities (1 position)
- Vice President of Functions (1 position)
- Vice President of Publications & Marketing (1 position)
- Vice President of Off Campus Affairs (1 position)
- Careers Officers (2 positions)
- Competitions Officers (2 positions)
- Education, Social Justice & Wellbeing Officers (2 positions)
- Equity & Opportunities Officers (2 positions)
- Functions Officers (2 positions)
- Publications & Marketing Officers (3 positions)
- Grievance Officer (1 position)
Wednesday 22nd August 2018; at 5.30PM
Geelong Waterfront Campus, Room D2.194 (room next to Percy Baxter)
Food and beverages provided!
– To be released
CANDIDATE STATEMENTS 2018
Treasury Report – Delivered at Annual General Meeting
Secretary Report – Delivered at Annual General Meeting
Vice President Reports:
- Publications and Marketing Report
- Functions Report
- Competitions Report
- Education Report
- Equity and Opportunities Report
- Careers Report
- Off Campus Report
Click here: AGM Election Guide
Click here: AGM Nomination Form
Click here: Sample Election Ballot 2018
All Applicants will be required to attend the Annual General Meeting and will be required to deliver a short speech. There is no proxy voting.
If you are running for more than one position, you may submit separate candidate statements or you may only submit one. It is not compulsory to have a candidate statement. Please send your candidate statement(s) along with the nomination form.
Please forward all completed nomination forms and candidate statement(s) to Madeline McDonald at email@example.com by Friday August 17th 2018 at 11.59PM.
Chairperson: President Lauren Solomonson
Returning Officer: Madeline McDonald
Voting at the AGM:
‘Members’ of the Deakin Law Students’ Society Geelong who hold voting rights are defined in the Constitution as being paid-up members of the Society who hold a membership a minimum of 10 days in advance of the AGM. In other terms, if you wish to vote on the positions vacant at the AGM you need to either already hold a current 2018 membership with DLSS Geelong or purchase one prior to Sunday August 12th. You may run for a position without being a member of the Society, but you would not be able to vote for yourself for that position or vote on any other positions.
Please note that as of this year, any membership purchased through DUSA is valid for 12 months from the date of purchase. So if you purchase a membership now, you will be a full DLSS Geelong member until August 2019. Please use the hyperlink above to purchase a membership through the DUSA website.
Constitution & By Laws:
Click here: Rules of Association – As registered February 2014
Click here: Schedule 1 By Laws (Updated March 2016)